How to Insure Missionaries and Donors Communicate and Partner Effectively
- Back in 2005, I attended the summer training course for Chi Alpha, the Assemblies of God college ministry at the Central Bible College campus. in Missouri.
- Then, I went back to Florida with my pregnant wife and prepared to move to Washington, DC as a new Campus Missionary Associate.
- Unexpectedly to me, but not suprising to God, that did not happen.
- Leaders in Chi Alpha felt my financial requirements, like my son (now six years old), made it unwise for me to work with them.
Yet, God was sovereign as He sent me into the Business World.
- My experience taught me why and how buyers connect with producers and service providers.
- I use technologies like “marketing automation” (MA), which were previously unknown to me.
2. I see MA as a tool, which presently helps ministries develop donors.
- Missionaries can use MA to find donors, partners, and other fellow laborers.
- MA’s cost is small, when managed effectively!
3. Ministries with MA are good stewards, who spend their resources wisely! Needs are shared and victories celebrated better!
Marketing and Donor Prospecting
The Hard Way
2. Some of those who financial and prayer assistance.
3. The savvy missionary asks supporters to spread the vision by
- Sharing news from the mission with their friends
- Asking them to use their talents to help (sending out newsletters, for instance).
- Then, s/he enters the emails into a database (sometimes!), send a “thank you” email, and send update… maybe.
- If not entered in the database, new donor prospects can not know a missionary’s victories!
- If finances lag, missionaries can be diverted from spreading the good news.
The Better Way
- Groups of missionaries partner with HMC.
- HMC helps each missionary to quantify the interest of donors or prospective donors.
- This is done by tracking if which recipients of an email newsletter opened it and who viewed online content.
- Each page/site can be individualizes to meet each missionary’s needs.
- A present site can be updated so it focused on tracking the interest of site visitors.
- To keep costs low, friends of missionaries can partner with HMC to update the site.
- HMC consults each missionary (by phone/Skype or email) to configure these tools, as needed.
- HMC will write +/- 1,000 words of original material to promote each ministry.
- HMC will also research and find relevant, general content.
- Each missionary can individualize this content, or it could be used with minimal editing.
- HMC meets monthly with each group by web conference or phone.
- To insure full participation, HMC can schedule meetings one to three times each month.
- HMC will respond within one business day (USA Eastern Time) to needs.
- This is directed by each missionary, through phone calls, web conference, or emails.
- Customizing each missionary’s website would be (at least) the first month’s work.
- HMC needs pictures and ministry descriptions from each missionary to do this.
- NOTE: This may not be necessary for missionaries with volunteers/friends who want to help.
- These emails will be tracked to measure each recipient’s level of interest.
- Missionaries will know exactly much time each recipient spends with their content.